Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jason's Organic Pizza- Point Pleasant Beach

I stumbled upon Jason's Organic Pizza by accident.  Because I am always looking for local restaurants that offer healthy options, I will often call pizzerias to see if they offer gluten-free pizza or pasta.  One day a few months ago, my husband and I were taking the kids to the beach and searching for a quick place for lunch on our way.  I called Jason's, thinking it was a different restaurant, to ask about any gluten-free options.  You can imagine my joy, when A) I heard it was an organic pizzeria, and B) the person on the phone informed me that they serve gluten-free pizza.  Yeah, baby.

Jason's Organic Pizza is located in Point Pleasant Beach on Richmond Ave (the same plaza as Surf Taco).  With the exception of the sometimes difficult parking situation, I have nothing but rave reviews for this great restaurant.  The gluten-free pizza is awesome, and in my opinion, it is the BEST gluten-free pizza at the shore.  It comes in an 11 inch personal pie size, which is enough for both of my kids, and at $8 a pie, it is very reasonably priced (I've paid up to $14 for a personal size gluten-free pie!).

Aside from the gluten-free pizza, Jason's also offers vegan and vegetarian options, gluten-free desserts, all-natural salad dressings and condiments (free of hydrogenated oils), and salads made with locally grown organic produce and free-range chicken.  According to their website, "Jason’s Organic Pizza provides a healthy option to the pizzeria experience. All sauces and vegetable toppings are organic. Our organic flour is higher in protein and lower in gluten without containing pesticides or preservatives. We believe that all natural foods help you feel better. At Jason’s our wish for you is to eat good and feel good."

As if this isn't enough to make a nutrition nut like me happy, Jason's takes it one step further.  As part of their mission, they make it a priority to educate their customers about topics like why organic is better, why to say no to GMO's, or why to choose pastured meat over commercially farmed.  There is a great big binder of information available for the customers to browse through and read with some awesome nutrition resources.  Major bonus points in my book!

Jason's Organic Pizza may be my favorite go-to restaurant these days for a delicious gluten-free pizza or a healthy salad.  The owners and workers are all very friendly too, which makes the dining experience very enjoyable.  All in all, I highly recommend that you go check out this pizzeria.  Be sure to tell them Gluten Free Jersey Girl sent ya!

For more info, go to http://www.jasonsorganicpizza.com/ or call (732)899-2900.     

Jason's Organic Pizza Cafe located at 1314 Richmond Ave in Pt Pleasant Beach
  
the BEST gluten-free pizza at the Jersey Shore!  
   
Jason's strawberry almond salad (you can add shrimp, chicken, tofu, or chickpeas)

1 comment: