Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Macaroon Shop, Avon-by-the-Sea

So in my opinion, the easiest way to live gluten freely is to avoid grains altogether.  For this reason, macaroons are a favorite treat of mine.  They are completely grain-free and are made with only a few ingredients (coconut, eggs, sugar, vanilla). 

When it comes to macaroons, no one does it better than The Macaroon Shop in Avon.  They specialize in this sweet treat, and offer many sizes and varieties from which to choose.  They also offer fresh-baked, gluten-free almond horns most days.  Even better, they clearly mark their treats so you can quickly discern which are gluten-free.  I like that.  It makes me happy.

Today, I took my son by the store for a sampling.  With little persuading, he agreed that he was willing to be my taste tester for my new blog (hey, it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it).  So we ordered two small macaroons, one was coconut and the other almond.  Both were delightful, and Tyler wholeheartedly gave them both two thumbs up!

Check out http://www.macaroonshop.com/ for more info or stop in for a yummy gluten-free treat.  Be sure to tell them Gluten Free Jersey Girl sent ya!
The storefront- 107 Main Street, Avon-by-the-Sea

Yay!

And the taste tester approves!
Mmm, so moist and delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment